Dealing with government can often be chaotic and unpredictable. No honest government relations firm can ever promise success. However, we hold ourselves accountable for our results and understand that our objective is to provide our clients with a return on their investment.
If you've dealt with a government relations firm in the past, you've probably heard a great deal about what they'll do for you....but have they ever told you how or why they will do it? At Compass Strategies, we believe that the how and the why are just as important as the what.
In order to answer these questions, we follow a five-step process to help our clients achieve their goals:
- Goal Definition: Compass Strategies works with our clients to determine long-term goals. We conduct a feasibility assessment to determine if the client's goals are attainable and ensure that the goals are clearly defined.
- Strategy Development: Once the client's goals are defined, Compass develops a strategy and a list of interim benchmarks that help chart the client on a course to success. In the process of determining how we're going to achieve results, we outline specific steps and objectives relative to our client's goals. Compass Strategies then creates a plan that serves as strategic roadmap, thus helping our clients navigate the development process.
- Execution: In the execution phase, Compass Strategies carries out the agreed upon strategy aggressively, ethically and discretely. Throughout the execution phase, we seek to be responsive and pro-active.
- Reassessment & Refinement: We continually ask ourselves and others "How can we do better?" We recognize that no initial plan remains perfect throughout the execution phase, so we adapt to changing conditions. We look to ensure that the course we originally planned is the right one. If it appears that the conditions have changed during the execution phase, we ask ourselves why. In doing so, we constantly refine and improve the strategic roadmap.
- Quantification: At the end of the day, we realize our clients need to cost-justify our presence. Compass Strategies seeks to demonstrate, in numerical terms, the value we bring to a project.