NOTICE: Visit http://onguardonline.gov/index.html for practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
· This policy covers how Compass Strategies treats personal information that Compass Strategies collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Compass Strategies products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
· This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Compass Strategies does not own or control or to people that Compass Strategies does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use General
· Compass Strategies collects personal information when you register with Compass Strategies, when you use Compass Strategies Products and Services, when you visit Compass Strategies pages or the pages of certain Compass Strategies partners, and when you enter sweepstakes or promotions. Compass Strategies may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
· When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, ZIP code, mailing address, occupation, industry, and telephone number etc. For some fee based products and services we might also ask for your credit card information. When you register with Compass Strategies and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
· Compass Strategies collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of fee based products and services that we offer.
· Compass Strategies automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP Address, Compass Strategies Cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
· Compass Strategies uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
· Compass Strategies does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
o We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Compass Strategies under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Compass Strategies communicate with you about offers from Compass Strategies and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
o We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
· Compass Strategies displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
· Compass Strategies does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
· Compass Strategies advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
· Compass Strategies works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
· Compass Strategies may set and access Compass Strategies cookies on your computer.
· Compass Strategies lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Compass Strategies's cookies.
· Compass Strategies uses web beacons to access Compass Strategies cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Compass Strategies products and services. Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
· You can edit your Compass Strategies Account Information
· New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Compass Strategies Site from time to time. Users who visit these pages can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
· We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Compass Strategies service, such as service announcements, administrative messages, that are considered part of your Compass Strategies account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
· You can request the termination your Compass Strategies account by clicking our contact us link and requesting your account to be terminated. An administrative email will be sent to you to proceed with the termination process.
Confidentiality and Security
· We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
· We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
· To learn more about security, including the security steps we have taken and security steps you can take, please read the following. Compass Strategies takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures Compass Strategies takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us. Compass Strategies continues to evaluate and implement enhancements in security technology and practices; however we can only take steps to help reduce the risks of unauthorized access. Each individual using the Internet can take steps to help protect their information and further minimize the likelihood that a security incident may occur.
Security Steps We Have Taken
· Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Compass Strategies uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time Compass Strategies asks you for a credit card number on Compass Strategies for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on Compass Strategies, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and either the first four digits or the last four digits of your number.
· Secure Storage Compass Strategies maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
· Vendors and Partners Compass Strategies works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
· Employee and Contractor Access to Information Compass Strategies limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
· Education and Training for Employees Compass Strategies has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every Compass Strategies employee.
· To Compass Strategies
o If you believe your Compass Strategies account has been compromised, please report the incident using our contact us link
o If you have been contacted by someone about your Compass Strategies account asking for a password, birth date or other personal information, please forward the email to email@example.com. Please include the full headers and the HTML source code of the email you received.
o If you are a member of the security community and need to report a technical vulnerability, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· To Law Enforcement In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, state or local law enforcement agencies directly
· Compass Strategies may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Compass Strategies account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
· If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us by mail at:
Compass Strategies LLC.
777 South Flagler Drive
West Tower, Suite 800
West Palm Beach, FL 33401